I took the last couple of weeks off from writing posts here, but I made up for it by writing a ton of code. Over the last 2-3 weeks I finished 2 projects and started another.
The first project I finished was Mongoose Loves Mangoes for Windows Phone 7. It was finally released on June 2nd, and it has since racked up around 7000 downloads. It is probably more by now, but the download reports don’t seem to be up-to-the-minute accurate. I hope to port it to iOS before the end of the year, then I’ll have a pretty good comparison between the two platforms as far as advertising revenue and downloads go.
The second project I finished also happened to be my second foray into Facebook apps: The Monkeys & Elephants Stock Announcer Facebook app. But Facebook apps have changed a whole lot since that first one I wrote. So I pretty much was starting from scratch. But now that I’ve got that under my belt I’m pretty well prepared for my next two projects which will also be Facebook apps.
So yeah, I should hopefully have this project in a usable, minimum viable product ‘state’ within a week or so, so I should be able to get some people to start using it. Then it is on to my NEXT Facebook app project which I think I am the MOST excited about. But I’ll talk more on that later.
Leave a Reply