At one point this morning I was thinking about what subject to tackle next and I started thinking about all of the different programming languages that I’m currently, actively, writing in at the moment between all of my contract and personal projects. It was getting a little scary when I realized there were about 6 different languages that I write in on an almost daily basis at my contract job, and another 2 that I kind of hack around with at home.
– Java for custom native Cordova plugins on Android
– Objective-C and Swift for custom native Cordova plugins on iOS
Main Web app and Webservices
– C# for latest main application and mobile REST services
– VB for previous main application still supported by the client
– Java for a custom web service for solving routing problems using jsprit
– TSQL for database stored procedures
– PHP for dynamic web pages
– Javacript for the usual cool site interaction stuff
84 North Studios Projects
– Python using bottlepy for the site
And a bunch of other things using a combination of all of the languages already mentioned
That list ended up being bigger than I thought it was going to be when I first started writing this post. I had to go back and update the language count in the first paragraph a couple of times.